Your membership approval is contingent on your adherence to the Community Guidelines & Confidentiality Agreement. By submitting this application, you agree to:
- Self-Identification: You self-identify as ALL three identities: a documentary professional, woman or non-binary, and a person of color.
- Confidentiality, Nondisclosure & Community Safety: Everything shared within the BGDM online community is meant exclusively for BGDM. You do NOT take screenshots, redistribute or disclose anything shared within our community (including posts, comments, links, references, jobs, etc). This maintains the safety of our entire community and initiatives. This is not like any other corner of the internet. We trust you to respect and honor the labor, opportunities, relationships, emotional vulnerability and space this community gives to you. Members are vulnerable here about their professional and personal lives. Resharing seemingly banal information has real life consequences. (For ex: reposting a job post can become an issue. If the company isn't ready to go public, but a member is trying to advocate for our members to join their organization, this member can get in trouble if the posting is shared beyond this group.) In short, what's shared stays here, what's learned leaves here. Any breaches will be investigated. We reserve the right to remove anyone who violates any of the community guidelines.
- Care & Anti-oppressive Practice: We ask that you treat each other with respect and care, as we work through hard systemic barriers, made more challenging by communicating through social platforms. BGDM members must be patient and strive for understanding with their peers. Disparaging language will not be tolerated (i.e. no sexist, homophobic, ableist, ageist, transphobic, racist, colorism, or other types of bigotry). For everyone’s safety and the integrity of the community violators will be immediately removed.
- Contribution: We are a community that thrives on active contribution. We ask all members to regularly contribute relevant industry news, professional advice, and job opportunities.
- Relevance to Documentary: The media world is vast, however BGDM's power and networks are in documentary. Content must be relevant to the nonfiction community and our collective experiences within it.